As we all know, Indian Chinese cuisine originated in Kolkata, a small Chinese community has lived for more than a century, and has entered everyone’s heart. It is an adaptation of Chinese sauces, seasonings, and certain cooking techniques such as steaming and stir-frying. Many street food stalls and restaurants serve so-called Hakka cuisine, which includes famous dishes such as Manchurian cuisine, American chop suey, sweet and sour, and fried noodles. They have a similar texture but different taste due to the use of certain Indian ingredients.
Dim Sum recipes:
Various dumplings made with chicken and shrimp. Serve with your own dipping sauce of choice.
- For chicken and prawn dumplings:
- 150 gms chicken
- 150 gms prawn
- 5 gms sugar
- 5 ml sesame oil
- 2.5 gms white pepper
- wonton skin
- potato starch
- For vegetable coriander dumplings:
- 10 gms carrots
- 10 gms button mushrooms
- 10 gms water chestnuts
- 10 gms bamboo shoots
- 10 gms garlic
- 10 ml oil
- 10 gms brown garlic
- 5 gms sugar
- 5 gms sesame oil
- For wonton skin:
- potato starch
- 50 gms wheat starch
Prepare Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings:
1. Mince chicken and shrimp, add sugar, salt, sesame oil and potato starch and mix well. Stuff the mixture into wonton skins and steam.
2. Drizzle with vajra and soy sauce
To prepare the vegetable and coriander dumplings:
1. Mix all ingredients except the wonton skin. Stuff the mixture into wonton skins and steam.
2. Drizzle with diamond sauce.
Prepare wonton skin:
1. Add chilled water, potatoes and 50 grams of wheat starch.
2. Add warm water to the mixture and stir .
3. Roll into small balls and add wheat starch to the balls.
4. Then use a roller to roll the ball into an oblate shape and add the filling.
Prepare diamond sauce:
1. Soak 250g red peppers for 3 hours. Make a paste. Fry 100g of garlic in oil.
2. When the garlic turns yellow, add chili paste, salt, sugar and soybean powder.
Szechuan Chilli Chicken Recipe:
On the Fiery Side – Fried chicken cooked with brown, green and white peppercorns and oriental spices. The spiciness and sourness of the schezwan sauce adds to the dish.
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 5-6 dry red chillies (deseeded), chopped
- 2-3 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp brown peppercorn
- 3 tbsp green peppercorn
- 10-12 pieces chicken (with bone)
- to taste salt
- 2 tsp white pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli oil
1.Fry the chicken with ginger .
2. Now, drain the oil .
3. Now, add the garlic, shallot, green pepper & black pepper.
4. Stir for couple of minutes, then add other ingredients.
5. Stir fry again for couple of minutes.
6. Stir-fry for 10 minutes, sprinkle with green peppercorns & add some vinegar.
7. Sichuan pepper chicken is ready to serve.
A very popular Chinese dish that combines flavors, crisp vegetarian spring rolls with cheese, bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve them with a basil sauce made with olives, Parmesan, mayonnaise, and a dash of garlic.
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 small Spring onion bulbs
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 pieces Tomatoes (sun dried)
- 2 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Chives
- 60 gram Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Stock
- For the dip:
- 8 Basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 Garlic (smashed)
- 1 Chilly
- 6 Green olives
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise/ yogurt
To prepare the basil sauce:
- Put the basil leaves and other ingredients to bled it well.
- Add a pinch of salt and serve with spring rolls.
Chicken with Chestnuts Recipe:
Chicken mince is sautéed with mushrooms, water chestnuts and radishes on a bed of lettuce. This is a very comforting Chinese dish that just about everyone loves.
- 5 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 1 diced green capsicum
- 1 diced red capsicum
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- 3 Tbsp white radish
- 12-14 peeled water chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp date puree
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 50 ml water
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 ice-berg lettuce
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
1.Soak the shiitake mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and discard stems.
2. Heat the oil. Fry chicken until browned. Remove from pan.
3.Stir fry the chilli, ginger and garlic for couple of minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pot .
5. Heat and season.
6. Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with cilantro.
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe:
What a amazing way to utilize up some leftover rice! An easiets, and delicious fried rice recipe that kids and adults alike will love. Nutritious vegetables are sautéed with garlic, chilli and rice in an oriental sauce. Enjoy delicious rice and delicious vegetables in just 20 minutes. You can enjoy this vegetable fried rice with spicy curry for lunch and dinner. Enjoy this delicacy!
- 1 bowl rice boiled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp carrots, chopped
- 3-4 baby corn, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp cabbage (diced)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4-5 green beans, chopped
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp wine (optional)
- for garnishing spring onion greens
1.In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, garlic and chili. Saute.
2. Add carrots and bok choy. after tossing add the rice.
3. add some salt & pepper ,wine as per taste Cook for a minute.
4. Serve hot, sprinkle with some chopped shallots.
Garlic Soya Chicken Recipe:
Delicious chunks of chicken tossed in a thick soy sauce with garlic, green peppers and snow peas. Add spices and sauces taste wise. Serve hot!
- 450 Gram Chicken Thigh/Breast (cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thin strips)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (finely ground)
- 1 tsp Ginger Juice
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil or Vegetable oil (divided)
- 5-6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 cup Red Onion , chopped
- A handful Snow Peas (trimmed)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese Rice Wine
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
1.In a huge bowl, hurl chicken strips with toasted sesame oil and white pepper. Marinate for 10-15 minutes. set aside.
2. In a little bowl, blend together rice vinegar, soy sauce, dull soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. set aside.
3. Warm a wok or huge skillet over tall warm. Include 1 tbsp oil. When the oil is hot, include the chicken pieces, spreading out as numerous as possible.
4. Sear without mixing for 1 diminutive, until delicately browned around the edges, at that point blend all sides, until cooked through, around 2-3 minutes more. Exchange chicken to a bowl and set aside.
5. Warm the same wok, include another tablespoon of oil, include garlic, ginger and ruddy pepper drops. Stir-fry over moo warm for around 10-15 seconds, or until fragrant, being cautious not to burn the garlic.
6. Turn the warm up, include the snow peas and ruddy onion, and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. 7. Include the ruddy chime pepper and cook for a minute—be beyond any doubt to mix well.
8. When the vegetables are shinning and nearly fresh, include the cooked chicken.
9. Take out the arranged sauce, allow it a blend, at that point rapidly pour it into the pot and cook until the sauce thickens.
10. On the off chance that craved, include a tablespoon or two of water, mix well, and cook for another 30 seconds, something else the blend will get hot and bubble.
11. Turn off the warm and serve on a plate.
12. Serve hot with rice.