A minor fire broke out at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport on Wednesday-
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and assisted in the evacuation process. No casualty was reported in this incident.
A fire broke out near the check-in location of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport on Wednesday. There was a tiny fire and smoke incident in the check-in location. No casualties were reported.
According to Techearth, the fire was soon doused and services at the airport resumed after a brief halt.
The Kolkata Airport Authority also shared information about the fire via Twitter. Authorities tweeted, There was a minor fire and smoke in check-in area Portal D at 2112 hrs. and was fully extinguished by 2140 hrs.
All passengers were safely evacuated and the check-in process was suspended due to smoke in the check-in area.
Check in and resume operations by 1015 hrs.
An hour later the airport authority also tweeted, Correction: There was a minor fire and smoke in check-in area Portal D at 2112 hrs. and fully extinguished by 2140 hrs. All passengers evacuated safely and the check-in process due to attendance Suspended. Smoke in the check in area. Check in and operations will resume by 2215 hrs.
Check-in process and operations resumed by 10:25 pm and no arriving flights were affected.
Reported told the fire was reasoned by a short-circuit, but the pointed reason is still under surveillance/processing.
A report told panic broke out at the airport when black smoke billowed out and covered the entire airport and passengers started running in fear. Passengers and airline crew have been evacuated safely.
The situation is under control after contacting the airport director. All passengers and staff have been removed from the area. Fortunately, everyone is safe and no injuries were reported. The check-in process resumes at 22:25 hrs. The cause of the fire will be known soon.