Paneer and lentil curry may be a classic North Indian dish that’s popular for its wealthy and rich flavor. It could be a culminate combination of protein-rich lentils and the creamy surface of paneer, which could be a sort of Indian cheese. This curry is simple to form and can be served with rice or Indian bread.
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup paneer, cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Rinse the lentils altogether, at that point splash them in water for at slightest 30 minutes.
- Drain out the water and douse it & keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet & include a few cumin seed until it turns to brown. Let them crackle.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté it.
- Add minced garlic angrated ginger. Sauté for a minute.
- Add coriander , & turmeric powder, garam masala, and ruddy chili powder. Blend well.
- Add a few doused lentil with 2-3 mugs of water. Blend well for boiling.
Low down the fire & cook it for 20 mins.
- Add the cubed paneer to the lentils and delicately mix.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the paneer is warmed through.
Garnish with new coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.
- If you favor a smoother curry, you’ll be able mix the tomato puree some time recently including it to the pan.
- adjust the flavors as per your taste.
- You can moreover include vegetables like spinach, potatoes or carrots to form it more nutritious.