Paneer and lentil curry is a classic North Indian dish that is popular for its rich and creamy flavor. It is a perfect combination of protein-rich lentils and the creamy texture of paneer, which is a type of Indian cheese. This curry is easy to make and can be served with rice or Indian bread.
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup paneer, cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly, then soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.Drain out the water and soak it & keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan & add some cumin seed until it turns to brown. Let them crackle.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté it.
- Add minced garlic angrated ginger. Sauté for a minute.
- Add coriander , & turmeric powder, garam masala, and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato puree and salt to taste. Cook until the tomato puree is well cooked and the oil starts to separate.
- Add some soaked lentil with 2-3 cups of water. Mix well for boiling.
- Low down the flame & cook it for 20 mins.
- Add the cubed paneer to the lentils and gently mix.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the paneer is heated through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.
- adjust the spices as per your taste.
- If you prefer a smoother curry, you can blend the tomato puree before adding it to the pan.
- You can also add vegetables like spinach, potatoes or carrots to make it more nutritious.