Paneer and vegetable kabab is a popular vegetarian dish in Indian cuisine. This dish is made by marinating paneer and assorted vegetables in a blend of spices and then grilling them to perfection. It’s a healthy and delicious snack that is perfect for parties or as an appetizer. Here is a detailed recipe to make paneer and vegetable kabab at home.
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt, besan, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, and oil.
- Add paneer cubes and mixed vegetables to the marinade. Mix gently to coat them evenly with the marinade. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grease the oil in a pan to avoid the3 sticky manner.
- Thread the paneer and vegetable pieces onto skewers. Make sure to leave some space between each piece for even cooking.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the vegetables are tender and the paneer is slightly charred.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and transfer the kababs to a serving platter.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve hot with mint chutney or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy paneer and vegetable kabab!