The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a competitive exam worked by the National Testing Agency on behalf of UGC in INdia.The exam is conducted twice a year to determine Eligibility for Candidates for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) in Indian Universities.
Here are some feature about the NET exam:
- Eligibility: Candidates must have a Master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates).
- Subjects: The NET exam is conducted for various subjects such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Education, etc.
- Exam Pattern: The NET exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all subjects and consists of 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of 2 marks each, testing the candidate’s teaching and research aptitude. Paper 2 consists of 100 MCQs of 2 marks each, based on the subject chosen by the candidate.
- Time Span: The duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 2 marks, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Qualifying Criteria: Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks in both papers to be eligible for Assistant Professorship or JRF. The qualifying marks are decided by the UGC and vary from year to year.
- Age Limit: The age limit for JRF is 30 years (relaxable for reserved category candidates), and there is no age limit for Assistant Professorship.
- Application Process: The application process for the NET exam is online, and candidates can apply on the official website of the NTA.
- Admit Card: The NTA releases the admit card for the NET exam on its official website a few weeks before the exam date.
- Result: The NTA declares the NET exam result on its official website a few weeks after the exam date. Candidates can check the scoreboard by putting date of birth & roll number.
I hope this information helps you understand the NET exam better.
How to check UGC NET 2023 Result?
The UGC NET 2023 result will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on its official website.
UGC Network Results 2022
UGC NET Result 2022 was pbring out on November 5, 2022 at https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ for December 2021 and June 2022 UGC NET. Candidates who pass the UGC NET exam will be awarded a UGC NET certificate through which they can apply for Assistant Professorships in Indian Universities and Colleges. Candidates can check their result modality online by submitting their role number and date of birth in the UGC NET results link posted at.the official website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in on 5th November 2022 / to activate. Check out full details about UGC NET Result, Steps to Check UGC NET Result 2022 and many things discussed in this article.
Here are the steps to check the UGC NET 2023 result:
- Visit the official website of NTA (nta.ac.in) or UGC NET (ugcnet.nta.nic.in).
- Click on the “UGC NET June 2023 result” link (the link will be activated once the result is declared).
- Do enlist your application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The UGC NET 2023 result will be disclose on the screen.
- Check your result and download the scorecard.
- Take a printout of the scorecard for future recommendation
- It’s important to note that the UGC NET result will contain the candidate’s score, rank, and qualifying status. Candidates who qualify for the UGC NET exam will be eligible for Assistant Professorship and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges.
- I hope this information helps you check your UGC NET 2023 result.