Delhi Capitals skipper Meg Lanning won the toss and was named the first shot against the Mumbai Indians in Sunday’s Women’s Premier League final. However, the move backfired as Derry did poorly and continued to lose wickets regularly. Issy Wong was the bowler’s pick with 3 wickets in PowerPlay. The initial impact dented the start of the DC and never recovered. At one stage, with the score at 79/9, Delhi looked depressed, but a partnership between Shikha Pandey and Radha Yadav saw 52 runs on 24 balls with three sixes and five fours giving Delhi Capitals the lead. raised to a respectable score. .
DC vs MI Highlights, WPL Final 2023:
Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by seven wickets in their WPL 2023 final at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday. Chasing a 132-run goal, MI were 134/3 in 19.3 overs thanks to Nat Sciver-Brunt’s unbeaten half-century. Sciver-Brunt is unbeaten with 60 off 55 balls, including seven fours. Captain Harmanpreet Kaur, meanwhile, hit a crucial 37 off 39 balls, including five fours.Radha Yadav and Jess Jonassen each took turns heading to Delhi.
Initially, DC was 131/9 from 20 overs, with Meglanin top-scoring from 35 overs, hitting 29 balls, including five fours. But DC got no support and lost her wicket when the exception ran out. With wickets tumbling, trailers Shikha Pandey and Radha built a strong final partnership to stay unbeaten. Radha, on the other hand, had 27 hits in 12 deliveries, 2 of which were 4 and 2 were 6.Meanwhile, Hayley Matthews won the purple cap match after taking three wickets, Issy Wong also took three wickets and Amelia Coe Amelia Kerr was sent off twice.
Awards: Who won what?
- Nat Sciver-Brunt awarded Player of the Game
- Harmanpreet Kaur wins Fisher of the Season award
- Hayley Matthews wins purple hat
- Mae Lanning wins orange hat
- Hayley Matthews Most Valuable Player
Speech by the winner:
- Saika Ishaque: “Can’t convey, it’s a dream come true, no words. Wong’s plan is to fling all the wickets away (laughs).”
- Yastika Bhatia: “I can’t words the level of rapture I’m getting right now. Yesterday we were relaxed and we were just trying to focus on our plans on the pitch.”
- Hayley Matthews: “It’s crazy,optimistically the first of many. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs, so I’m happy to finally win it.”